Day 1b:

Hey man,

Hope the wife and kids are good. I’m going to shoot you emails as time permits. We are ramping up big time, so time is limited. I’ll do my best to keep you up to date.

News is not very easy to get here, even if we had time. So you may know more than me about what is about to happen, but I’ll give you play by play as it comes about.

So far we have moved out into BFE. I kid you not, no FOBits here! Just sand, dirt and more sand. The Chaplain they stuck me with cracks me up. Former infantry from the 82nd, he is having trouble remembering he’s not a trigger puller anymore. I suspect there is going to be a lot of adventure working with him.

We’ve had M1’s and Bradleys attached, so I don’t think our mission is staying local. There is a lot of hardware out here.

Man those things are cool. I would so much rather be in a Bradley than a Stryker for what we are about to do. But then again, they are slow and noisy. Still I love that 25mm when it fires. Oh well, guess I should have gone 19K or 11M in my youth instead of 11B.

More later, need sleep.